Friend, we could all currently do with a little less stress, right?
The world pandemic has us all anxious and worried.
This is why we need our hobbies now more than ever!
Don’t let the stress take over!
How would you like to join a stitch-a-long that is all about adding more peace and less stress to your days?
Introducing: The Peace, Calm + Happiness
Mystery Stitch-a-Long (SAL)
Not only is the SAL going to be full of like-minded stitchers, but it will help REDUCE YOUR STRESS!
Does this sound familiar?
- You now find yourself stuck at home, like a lot, and are feeling a little lonely.
- You love cross stitch but you don’t know what to stitch next.
- Or you’re new to cross stitch and are looking for something easy to stitch.
- You’re feeling anxious and worried about the current pandemic the world is in.
- You feel that creativity inside just itching to come out; you want that feeling of making something with your hands but you’re struggling to find the time or motivation.
- Your cross stitch stash is overflowing… you need a new project!
Well, friend, I’ve got you covered. What if I told you…
- You can join a community of stitchers who are all stitching the same project along with you; there is no better motivation than seeing everyone else’s progress 😏.
- You will have a brand new project to stitch while you’re stuck indoors… and it’s a complete surprise!
- You can stitch this SAL even if you’re brand new to cross stitch as it just uses basic stitches (but still looks beautiful 😉).
- You can enjoy the hobby that brings you joy, fun, and creativity to your day, every day, as well as getting extra tips from me throughout the SAL on how we can stay calm during the chaos.
- You can pick your own colours for the SAL from your own stash; there’s not much in it that has to be a certain colour.
- By the end of the SAL, you will have a brand new project to hang up, less stress, more peace, and some new stitcher friends!
I’ve been running Hannah Hand Makes for over 5 years and I have now run SEVEN stitch-a-longs! I love them, and each one brings me so much joy to stitch along with all of you.
This particular SAL is a bit impromptu and came from all of the stitchers in my Facebook group saying they wanted more connection during this chaotic time, and of course that they were feeling extra anxiety right now and needed cross stitch more than ever.
As well as being a great way to get a community of stitchers together, this SAL will also have profits donated to various charities such as Mind, Coronavirus Relief Fund and NHS Charities Together.
Give me the details!
We start stitching on Sunday 5th April 2020 and every day until the 27th April 2020 a new part is released for you to stitch!
This SAL will be hosted in Teachable to make it easier for you to access the patterns; they will all be in 1 place with clear “day 1”, “day 2” headings. And Teachable even has an app you can download on iOS! Plus you can view the pattern directly in Teachable without having to download it.
Once you join the SAL you will be inside where all of the patterns will be, and you can add comments to ask any questions.
For those of you who have joined SALs from me before, there will be no emails going out for this one. Like many of you, my kids are home for the foreseeable and emailing every day just isn’t going to be practical 🤣
I will still be inside the Facebook group though so we can connect over there.
I usually do 2 different palettes for a SAL so you can choose which you prefer. This time we have a muted, earthy palette and a bright, happy palette. You can see some examples of the colours below.
However, for this one, I also recommend trying to use your stash and picking your own colours! As I said above, there isn’t much that has to be a certain colour so use some of that stash up and have a play around with the colours.
As well as all that, over in the Facebook group, I will be talking about ways we can keep calm during chaotic times. This doesn’t just apply to the current coronavirus pandemic, but to life in general.
There is no kit available for this SAL as I am currently closed for physical orders, but I will have links on where to buy threads on your supply list.
The design for this SAL measures around 8×20 inches and will look great as a longline banner (don’t worry I have a tutorial for that 😁).
Listen to me chat about the SAL below.
How long do I have access to the SAL for?
How does forever sound? That’s right, even if you don’t keep up with the daily stitching you can come back whenever you want to catch up.
I’m a beginner, will the SAL be too hard for me?
This SAL uses just the basic cross stitch, but is still a beautiful pattern so you should definitely be able to stitch it if you are a beginner. It is a little larger than my usual patterns, but there are no complicated colour changes or stitches!
Can I see the SAL before I join?
Of course! If you would like to see the full design before you purchase just get in touch and I can show you, but I do ask that you keep it to yourself for those who like the mystery element.
You can ask to see the whole thing or just a small part of it.
How does the ordering process work?
Once you click to join you will be taken to Teachable, where the SAL will be hosted.
Please note, if you are in the E.U. you will have a little bit of extra VAT added on for the digital tax download tax laws.
You can then choose to pay via credit card or PayPal. The SAL is priced in $ but your payment provider will convert it for you if you are paying in a different currency. For example, $10 is around £8.14, so that is what you will be charged.
You can also make an account with Teachable, you just need your name and email and then you can set a password later. This is how you can log in and access your patterns every day.
I’ve only just found the SAL and you’ve already started, can I still join?!
Of course, you can. Just join through one of the buttons and you will see all of the links to the parts of the patterns we have stitched so far. You can choose to start from day 1 or just view the latest pattern and start there.